Latest Update: July 27th, 2017 v. 1.28.0
- Prepared server for upcoming merge with german server occurring at the end of July/beginning of August
- Durability of equipment can now be viewed in the trade window
- Champions Halmengir and Olm now give psychorare experience
- Chat censor regarding external links is improved
- Notable Bugfixes
- Fixed login problem that occurs when players change nickname
- Fixed bugs with guild history (not the command)
- Fix for long in-game mails
- Fixed bug where chat font-size changes after a server message
- Fire and ice arrow costs are now accurate
| v. 1.27.1 - March 30th, 2017
- Pets who use shadow strike reverted back to damage prior to 1.27.0.
- Changed how draining mana works on Admiral run pillars
- Aquapets quest is clarified for easier understanding (more guidance)
- Fixed non-working commands after the prior update (i.e. guilddonation now works)
- Area zone for Jail is changed to green
- Improved dispel from equipment
- Fixed bug with mana leftovers (item)
| v. 1.27.0 - March 8th, 2017
- Changes to PVP
- Added new skill 'Root Rip' which is seen on page 1 of skills. Leveling this skill does not change its effect. This allows the player to dispel roots (4 ap needed for two round roots, 2 ap needed for 1 round roots) in PvP and PvE. Mobs did not gain this ability.
- Damage reduction (for the defending player) is based on the level of the character and whether the character has a shield. Details as follows:
- If a player has a shield, reduction is 40% at level 140 maximum
- If a player does not have a shield, reduction is 50% at level 140 maximum
- Damage reduction for pets is based on the level of the owner
- Changes to buffs and debuffs
- AP removing attacks take 1 less AP than before (1 AP loss will remain 1 AP loss)
- Debuffs accuracy and damage is changed by the same percent as damage reduction
- Changes to Classes in PvP
- Heal is only 35% as effective as before
- Damage of Bash is increased to 235% from 180% (Level 7)
- Accuracy of bash is increased to 117% from 105% (Level 7)
- Shield Block's effectiveness decreases by 10% with each hit taken
- If using protection and shield block, a further 10% is lost each hit
- Changed how evade works: first it is checked whether player will evade a hit based on percent to evade, and then it is checked whether player will dodge a hit based on accuracy of the hit.
- Level 7 evade now starts at 60% chance to evade, which reduces by 10% each evade (up to 3 evades as usual)
- Liver punch no longer ignores physical resistance - stamina taken will now be effected by resistance and by damage modifiers
- Damage of liver punch at level 7 is now 165% from 90%
- Fire Mage
- Fire shield was improved to deal 105% damage from 85% at level 7
- Damage formula for gnaw was changed to 1.4* Strength + 0.6* Dexterity
- Bleeding from gnaw is reduced by 20%
- Shadow strike's damage was reduced to 185% from 220% at level 7
- Class Changes in PvE
- Bash now deals 235% damage and has 117% accuracy similar to PvP
- Shield block's damage reduction is reduced by 3% with every hit
- If knight is using protection, the damage reduction is further reduced by 3% with every hit
- Evasion was changed: it is now checked whether player evaded based on evasion's percent, and then checked whether player dodged based on accuracy of the attack
- Chance to evade at level 7 now starts at 80% and is reduced 10% each evade (maximum of 3 evades)
- Liver punch no longer ignores physical resistance
- Liver punch is effected by damage modifiers
- Liver punch's damage is now 165% from 90% at level 7
- Fire Mage
- Fire shield now deals 105% damage instead of 85% at level 7
- Shadow Strike now deals 185% damage instead of 225% at level 7
- Other Changes
- Allowed for higher level enhancements to be more effective (i.e. 2 knowledge per upgrade at high level (such is 7 and higher) instead of 1). Enhancements have been recalculated on current gear so effects on high level enhancements should be seen.
- Improved system in which Aquaera's stun was changed
- Fixed bug that allowed for unlimited recharges with pets
- In trade there will once again by a space between every 3 zeroes to prevent confusion
- Fixed error where round would immediately start if a player died
- Fixed error where silencing would show NaN%
- Players will not be able to cast root rip if silenced
- Updated commands list, modified powers
| v. 1.26.1 - February 14th, 2017
- Added in availability for Valentine's Day event, a two-stage event involving gathering resources and socializing with other players.
- added new items such as Valentine's Day Bouquet, Box of Chocolate, and Wine of Love
- Added portals for easier access to Trifkin's Island in case of an invasion event under Kemenac and at Bough in Khold's Forest. These portals only appear during an active event. When leaving the island players will return through the portal under the Lighthouse.
- Minor edits to Aquapets and Hoghrat
- Can now 'steal health' using meelee attacks
- Standard level for all attacks (nonrandom)
- Increased accuracy with magical attacks
- Percent when buffing is unified
- Less chance to stun mobs of higher level than itself
- Prevents Aquaera from leaving higher level mob stunned every round
- Uses 'Spring of Nature' prior to all other moves in applicable presets
- Changes to quests
- Quest to Acquire Aqua Pets
- Allows for player to change which Aquapet they wish to make prior to entering the Laboratory (after which, you will not be able to change)
- Femme Fatale
- Stabilized NPC in bar under Kemenac
- Fix for missing quest descriptions or problematic wording
- Fixed disappearance of group if Selena is killed before mobs and party has fled or died
- Increased weight of ball and chain to account for upgraded premiums.
| v. 1.26.0 - September 23rd, 2016
- Changes Regarding Pets
- order of multiple pets is retained after refresh
- cages now holds 30% more food maximum
- guild players of rank Legionaire and higher can now add feed to cages
- Changes to Morana
- Event System on way to Morana instant
- Players entering Morana instant need 400 winter shards on the leader
- Winter shards are obtained by killing mobs in instant, loading cannonballs, and firing cannonballs
- Changes to Courtard
- Any party with the required amount of winter shards can enter the gate without needing to kill Fanatics
- Cannonballs must be added to the basket to become charged. Charged cannonballs are needed to be fired from the cannon. You cannot fire uncharged cannonballs.
- Cannonballs can only be removed every 5 seconds
- Cannonballs can be dropped in death in PvP (to the opponents)
- When gate is destroyed, all mobs near Cannons and on Bridge are temporarily removed
- Event occurs again when gate mob respawns.
- Mobs on the outskirts of the Courtyard respawn faster than those inside
- Area near baskets and cannons is black field.
- Characters who have logged out and are gone more than a few years are automatically teleported to the Inn at Beirn
- Gate will now respawn even if some fanatics remain
- Gate has resistance to stun
- Clock does not begin for any player until all players reach the end of the previous round to prevent lagging players from being unable to preset effectively
- Fixed bug preventing players from rejoining for several rounds
- Fix to tournament fighting system
- Fixed some bugs that led to combat crashes
- Corrected some errors within the combat system
| v. 1.25.1 and 1.15.2 - June 19th, 2016
Both small updates occurred on our server at the same time
- AI fixed for mobs so they will always make a move every round
- Abdomen drop rate from tick was lowered
- AI change for lempos
- Killian is now immortal
- Resistance on pillars was changed
- Respawn places in Admiral and Commander were changed
- Trial quest respawn place was changed
- Players are no longer able to increase resistances above maximum
- Modified sheed set's double attack chance (level 100)
- Bug involving blocked players was fixed
- Allows for multiple players to make sword for Selena at the same time
| v. 1.25.0 - March 25th, 2016
- New Features
- Maps inside Ghadira's tower were replaced with new artwork
- Characters cannot be attacked for up to 30 seconds after death on any field unless they move
- New option for tournament allows for damage dealt to be taken into account after 15 rounds instead of %HP remaining
- Players who relog in combat cannot rejoin for 30 seconds
- Fight chat is no longer blocked on the round of player death
- Report of player death is only available after player chooses card
- Bug Fixes
- Morana strategies, debuffs, and resistances are changed
- Third floor on commander is easier, fights are shorter
- Monkey and Raven attack more, debuff less, and deal more damage
- Changes to Puppet instance:
- Exit added - players no longer have to fight through all mobs to leave
- Players who die in instant respawn in instant
- Bosses instance is fixed and can no longer be kept clear
- Fixes to deconstruction quest
- Dispel can no longer erase heal debuff
- Canons on bridge to Lugus fixed
- Fixed crashes during admiral fights
- Improved animations during Morana that caused crash upon death
- Improved Trapper's animations
- Added missing graphics
- Corrected description of aqua pets
- /guilddonation command is corrected
- Minor corrections to text and descriptions
- Fixed equipment weight bug
- Made it harder to throw out equipment by shrinking 'trash' area in inventory
- Players who die in Orc's Forest now respawn at bough
- Fixed improper calculation of resistances
Fixing Common Problems After Updates
Sometimes players encounter trouble with game after an update. This usually occurs because your browser stores cache files and cookies that are older than the version of the game. If you are encountering a problem and are not sure if it is a result of your browser or server end, open Taern in an incognito tab, or in a browser in which you have not previously logged into Taern. If the problem continues there is likely a bug.
Common problems following the February 14th Update include:
- Error with Valentine's Day items being undefined and resulting in a NaN inventory. Players can not drop undefined items and cannot trade while their inventory is NaN.
- New portals on maps would sometimes cause Shockwave to crash on Google Chrome.
- Shockwave plugin would freeze inside the Vries Estate when players click certain locations
- Shockwave plugin randomly freezes when loading the Vries Estate map
- Frequent disconnects
If you experienced or continue to experience these problems please follow these steps:
- Clear your browser's cache, data, and cookies. Restart the browser before loading Taern again.
- If problems persist, select all content options when clearing data, and restart the browser.
- This should fix all problems, but if you still encounter problems, try playing from another browser or incognito tab.
- Contact support if your inventory and items are glitched and none of the above options have helped.
It is wise to clear your browser's cache following every server update to avoid problems occurring.
Updates and information pertaining to changes can be found in the news tab in game.
If you are experiencing trouble with suspicious links in all chats and cannot load news or filter, please read this.
- this problem commonly occurs when your browser mishandles XML content and is not a fault of the game itself. You may need to update your browser, or if the problem occurred following an update, downgrade to the last stable version.
- this problem will occur on other webpages. If updated and downgrading does not solve the issue you may not to reinstall the browser to fix browser-related bugs.
- send an error report to the browser support webpage. We do not control the speed or effectiveness of their support team, however, and can only advise you on the best way to solve this issue.
As always if you have any trouble accessing or playing Taern regardless of an update occurring or not, feel free to contact our support or ask a moderator for help!