Latest Update: April 27th, 2018 v. 1.30
- New Features
- New quest for level 75+
- New 125+ instant with two bosses, to be introduced via an event
- New rares and psychorares
- New event management tools
- Nerfed Ivrabul mobs
- Players receive 50% more experience for defeating Ivravul
- Fixes to Vorling Event
- Modifications to selecting instance when leaving guild (if entered from an instant)
- Positive health gain numbers in combat have been changed to green to differ from losing health (red)
- Improvements in commands system
| v. 1.29 and 1.29.1 - December 22nd, 2017
- New Features
- Two new boss instants, for level 75 and level 125
- New NPC in Garrison
- Glanachain Inspector: allows for access to new boss instants.
- New Rares
- Change to Mantis run mechanisms
- New item: Journeyman Glyph
- New exchange unlocked for Crippled Herbalist
- New Event
- Tweaks to Christmas event mobs
- Fixes to some quests
- Changed balances for some bosses
| v. 1.28.2 - October 18th, 2017
- Added in availability for Valentine's Day event, a two-stage event involving gathering resources and socializing with other players.
- added new items such as Valentine's Day Bouquet, Box of Chocolate, and Wine of Love
- Added portals for easier access to Trifkin's Island in case of an invasion event under Kemenac and at Bough in Khold's Forest. These portals only appear during an active event. When leaving the island players will return through the portal under the Lighthouse.
- Minor edits to Aquapets and Hoghrat
- Can now 'steal health' using meelee attacks
- Standard level for all attacks (nonrandom)
- Increased accuracy with magical attacks
- Percent when buffing is unified
- Less chance to stun mobs of higher level than itself
- Prevents Aquaera from leaving higher level mob stunned every round
- Uses 'Spring of Nature' prior to all other moves in applicable presets
- Changes to quests
- Quest to Acquire Aqua Pets
- Allows for player to change which Aquapet they wish to make prior to entering the Laboratory (after which, you will not be able to change)
- Femme Fatale
- Stabilized NPC in bar under Kemenac
- Fix for missing quest descriptions or problematic wording
- Fixed disappearance of group if Selena is killed before mobs and party has fled or died
- Increased weight of ball and chain to account for upgraded premiums.
| v. 1.28.1 - August 25th, 2017
- French and International Servers were merged
- New Feature: Summon to Instance
- Teams are now able to pay a fee to summon a disconnected or new player to an instance
- This may only be used once per boss instance
- If an instance requires a fee to enter (i.e. a vorling key for htaga), the summoned player must have that item
- The summoner must pay a fee to summon a player regardless of the cost to enter the instance
- If a new player is summoned because a party member disconnected, the disconnected player will not be able to enter instance
- Find the summoning invitation in the Platinum Options
- You cannot summon players to easily-reachable (Chieftain, Tit, Selena) or single player (Toad) instances. For a full list, check the Summon to Instance page.
- A player can only be summoned if there are outside a quest instance and not in prologue or jail. They must also be standing on a green or yellow field and have completed the requirements to enter the instant (such as the appropriate quest).
- Summoning can only occur after 5 minutes of a player disconnecting
- New Feature: Leveling Bonus for Alts
- Players now have the option to purchase bonus experience for an alt. The bonus exp is equal to the level of the account's highest character. (i.e. a level 140 player would get +140% exp for an alt)
- Price for the bonus: 20 platinum for premium accounts, or 80 platinum for free accounts.
- Experience bonus stacks with all other bonuses, including premium bonus, exp scroll, and guild buff.
- Bonus works for 1 month or until alt is within 10% of the highest character's level. (alt level 45 if main account is 50).
- Bonus also increases quest and task experience yield.
- Small Changes
- Item durability is shown when hovering over an item
- New NPC's can be summoned by admins for server events
- Stats and Statsd command now functions properly.
- Fixed bugs in team commands
- Trade timer cannot be skipped by relogging
- Resources and HP display are fixed so numbers fit properly
- Fixed bug preventing chat font size from being changed after server message
- Fixed bug that rarely occurred when strategist takes guild scrolls
- Fixed bug with guildhistory display if there are links
- Fixed error with character limit in messages
- You can no longer kill or debuff your party members
- Restock time is fixed in Kemenac Shop.
- Players can no longer bypass quest pet restrictions
- Logging in has been made safer
- General security improvements
- Bound equipment cannot be transferred between accounts and servers
- Changes to Quests and Descriptions
- Ethereal Lamps - players cannot enter the same instance twice, and player must enter alone
- Player can now leave Construct instance with active Deconstruction quest
- Trifkin's Island event modified to account for less players
- Corrected description when activating collar - first pet in pet pack will be unlocked (it is safest to unlock collar after sending back other pets)
- Added description to stun immunity icon
- Corrected descriptions of skills: roar, ram and sharpened senses.
- Corrected other minor errors in descriptions
| v. 1.28.0 - July 27th, 2017
- Prepared server for upcoming merge with german server occurring at the end of July/beginning of August
- Durability of equipment can now be viewed in the trade window
- Champions Halmengir and Olm now give psychorare experience
- Chat censor regarding external links is improved
- Notable Bugfixes
- Fixed login problem that occurs when players change nickname
- Fixed bugs with guild history (not the command)
- Fix for long in-game mails
- Fixed bug where chat font-size changes after a server message
- Fire and ice arrow costs are now accurate
| v. 1.25.0 - March 25th, 2016
- New Features
- Maps inside Ghadira's tower were replaced with new artwork
- Characters cannot be attacked for up to 30 seconds after death on any field unless they move
- New option for tournament allows for damage dealt to be taken into account after 15 rounds instead of %HP remaining
- Players who relog in combat cannot rejoin for 30 seconds
- Fight chat is no longer blocked on the round of player death
- Report of player death is only available after player chooses card
- Bug Fixes
- Morana strategies, debuffs, and resistances are changed
- Third floor on commander is easier, fights are shorter
- Monkey and Raven attack more, debuff less, and deal more damage
- Changes to Puppet instance:
- Exit added - players no longer have to fight through all mobs to leave
- Players who die in instant respawn in instant
- Bosses instance is fixed and can no longer be kept clear
- Fixes to deconstruction quest
- Dispel can no longer erase heal debuff
- Canons on bridge to Lugus fixed
- Fixed crashes during admiral fights
- Improved animations during Morana that caused crash upon death
- Improved Trapper's animations
- Added missing graphics
- Corrected description of aqua pets
- /guilddonation command is corrected
- Minor corrections to text and descriptions
- Fixed equipment weight bug
- Made it harder to throw out equipment by shrinking 'trash' area in inventory
- Players who die in Orc's Forest now respawn at bough
- Fixed improper calculation of resistances
Fixing Common Problems After Updates
Sometimes players encounter trouble with game after an update. This usually occurs because your browser stores cache files and cookies that are older than the version of the game. If you are encountering a problem and are not sure if it is a result of your browser or server end, open Taern in an incognito tab, or in a browser in which you have not previously logged into Taern. If the problem continues there is likely a bug.
Common problems following the February 14th Update include:
- Error with Valentine's Day items being undefined and resulting in a NaN inventory. Players can not drop undefined items and cannot trade while their inventory is NaN.
- New portals on maps would sometimes cause Shockwave to crash on Google Chrome.
- Shockwave plugin would freeze inside the Vries Estate when players click certain locations
- Shockwave plugin randomly freezes when loading the Vries Estate map
- Frequent disconnects
If you experienced or continue to experience these problems please follow these steps:
- Clear your browser's cache, data, and cookies. Restart the browser before loading Taern again.
- If problems persist, select all content options when clearing data, and restart the browser.
- This should fix all problems, but if you still encounter problems, try playing from another browser or incognito tab.
- Contact support if your inventory and items are glitched and none of the above options have helped.
It is wise to clear your browser's cache following every server update to avoid problems occurring.
Updates and information pertaining to changes can be found in the news tab in game.
If you are experiencing trouble with suspicious links in all chats and cannot load news or filter, please read this.
- this problem commonly occurs when your browser mishandles XML content and is not a fault of the game itself. You may need to update your browser, or if the problem occurred following an update, downgrade to the last stable version.
- this problem will occur on other webpages. If updated and downgrading does not solve the issue you may not to reinstall the browser to fix browser-related bugs.
- send an error report to the browser support webpage. We do not control the speed or effectiveness of their support team, however, and can only advise you on the best way to solve this issue.
As always if you have any trouble accessing or playing Taern regardless of an update occurring or not, feel free to contact our support or ask a moderator for help!