Special events occur on Taern that are outside of normal gameplay. They are often unique and rewarding, and various kinds can occur in the game. Events are hosted by the Game Master or Admin, and are usually marked in the Calendar for that month. On occasion, random events may be hosted that are not previously announced. It is important to note that there may not be an event every month. These are different than tournaments. These usually occur on special occasions: holidays, server benchmarks, or just for fun. Some of the many types of events seen on Taern include -
- Chest events (green chest events, easter hunts) - characters collect chests with random gold, stones, and occasionally items. The players who get the most stones get a reward at the end of the event.
- Experience events - special mobs are placed on the maps with a bonus experience modifier.
- Happy Hour - can be for an hour or longer, but usually doubles the experience gained from any mob in the game.
- Rat Races - players try to gather 'ingredients' from all over the maps, and those who gather the most get rewards.
- Guild Rush - players from a guild battle random mobs in exchange for placebo item, and for each placebo item they can trade for some beneficial resources for their guilds.
- Christmas/Winter Event - a special event that occurs every December. Players can take tasks Santa Claus and Old Man Winter NPC, and get good rewards. Random mobs appear all over the maps that are often worth good experience. Hats and Stars are collected from tasks and mobs and traded in for gold at the end of the event.
- More types of events can occur. These are the more common.
Many mini-events occur on Taern and take place several times a day on a random timer. These are not hosted by a player but instead occur on their own, and take place on several maps, covering a wide range of levels. Players who participate often get an experience and gold reward based on their score - it is possible to have such a low score that a reward isn't given. These events must be completed within the time limit or the event ends. In one case, the event continues but the difficulty of the next stages increases, and no reward is given for a 'failed stage'.
- Rewards are most beneficial for players under level 25.
- Location: Occurs over the Potatoes location.
- Description: Potato Beetles have infested Billy's potato field! Kill as many potato beetles as possible before the time runs out. Top players get higher experience and gold reward. Participants also get some reward.
- Cannot be accessed without completion of Paradise Island. Best for levels under 50.
- Description: Stage 1 - ships of savages are invading the island. You must take cannonballs from the first hut and put them into the cannons to shoot down the ships. Stage 2 - savages have invaded the island. Kill as many as you can. If stage 1 failed, more dangerous Komoko has also invaded. Stage 3 - the savages have been beaten back, but they set fire to the huts on the beach. Collect water from buckets on the surface and put out the fires. Stage 4 - rebuild the houses using piles of wood. Try to avoid the Gorillas that spawn. If stage 3 has failed, more rebuilding is necessary. Top players and participants are rewarded for each successful stage.
- Rewards most beneficial for players below level 50.
- Location: At number 11.
- Description: Sana's experiments have resulted in dangerous, mutated monsters to appear all over her camp! Stage 1- The Impling is the first mutation, and you must help her kill them before the time runs out. Stage 2 - does not occur if Stage 1 has failed. Ugling parties appear all over the camp. Sana(mob) has been mutated into a dangerous monster and must be killed, and has chance of dropping set gear.. Top players and participants get rewarded for each successful stage.
- Rewards most beneficial for players below level 90.
- Location: To the right of number 4.
- Description: Stage 1 - orcs have invaded the forest and must be driven back. Stage 2 - only occurs if Stage 1 is successful. Orcs have brought their strongest numbers in a last effort to invade, including their Champions and Hordes. Team up for these dangerous parties. Top players and participants are rewarded for each successful stage.
- Rewards most beneficial for players below level 75.
- Location: Left of 12.
- Description: Stage 1 - dangerous cave kholds have invaded Khold Forest and must be driven back to the underground. Stage 2 - only occurs if Stage 1 is successful. Kholds most dangerous warriors are fighting for their right to remain above ground. Find a team to drive them back! Top players and participants get rewarded for each successful stage.
- Rewards most beneficial for players below level 50.
- Location: In the center.
- Description: Stage 1 - players must kill undead and place their entrails in the Pentagram at the center of the settlement. Stage 2 - only occurs if Stage 1 is successful. Observer is summoned and must be destroyed. May drop pet rares. Players and participants get rewarded for each successful stage.
- Rewards beneficial for all high level players.
- Description: Stage 1 - hungry lempos have appeared all over the map. Kill them before the time runs out! Stage 2 - only occurs if Stage 1 is successful. Gather materials to build cages for the lempos. Stage 3 - only occurs if Stage 2 is successful. Attack Alpha lempo parties to drive them into the cages and make the region safe again. Top players and participants get rewarded for each successful stage.